Welcome to Apple iPhone news and Chat discussion forums. iPhone Discussions is dedicated to iPhone,Talk about iPhone modifications,software,reviews,Support, iPhone news , iphone mobile,iPhone OS and more...
I have an iPhone 4 which has been unlocked by AT&T as I am up with my contract. I am planning for a vacation to India and have a couple of questions.
1) When I got a confirmation from AT&T on my unlock request and I completed the restore, I got a message through iTunes restore saying "Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked". I know the phone should be unlocked but is there a way to confirm this before my trip to avoid any surprises.
2) What carriers are iPhone supported and whether I'll be able to get 3G with data and tethering(if possible).
3) Are there any other tools that I need from US on my trip? Like micro SIM card cutter?
Thanks in advance,
1) Other than trying a SIM from another carrier, no.
2) The official carriers are Aircel and airtel. Other carriers will work but probably will not provide all the features such as tethering, Visual Voicemail, etc.
3) Unless you have no other choice, do not attempt to cut down a standard SIM. Those often are unreliable and cause problems. Any carrier that properly supports the iPhone will be able to provide a micro-SIM.
Thanks for your reply. Also, I should be able to get just a prepaid connection without buying an iPhone from Airtel correct? I am not sure if data plans work the same way in India as US. For instance, iPhone data plan is named different than Android ones.
You'll need to as Airtel that question. I don't know what plans they offer.
Reply something about Use AT T US unlocked iPhone 4 in India or Post a New Thread