Welcome to Apple iPhone news and Chat discussion forums. iPhone Discussions is dedicated to iPhone,Talk about iPhone modifications,software,reviews,Support, iPhone news , iphone mobile,iPhone OS and more...
Bizarre glitch started about a week ago where one of my Favorites will have the name replaced with a 10 digit phone number like
"+7185551234", always the same number, not one that is in my contacts, and it is a real working number for someone I do not know.
Details as follows:
- The number is NOT the number of the contact
- This can affect any contact. If I delete all my faves and add a new one it immediately shows this as the name. Same number every time
- If I delete that contact another contact will then be immediately affected the same way.
- The number only replaces the name of the contact. If I click it the correct number for the favorites slot is dialed.
- If I click the blue arrow on the right for the glitched contact it goes to the correct contact with name and # as it should be.
- If I click edit and change the order of the Favorites the number will sometimes take over another contact as well, usually whichever is in the first slot. Then leaving me with two favorites with the same number as the name.
Have tried deleting and re-adding favorites countless times and it always replaces one of the favorite names.
Phone has been restarted and the problem persists.
Please tell me someone has a fix because this is driving me nuts!
Wow, 3 days and not a single suggestion?
Guess this one stumped the panel.
Reply something about Phone Favorites Glitch-Name Replaced by Number. NOT contact s number Always same replacing of favorite names. iPhone or Post a New Thread