Welcome to Apple iPhone news and Chat discussion forums. iPhone Discussions is dedicated to iPhone,Talk about iPhone modifications,software,reviews,Support, iPhone news , iphone mobile,iPhone OS and more...
My phone does not make it trough the day. I already did the obvious, (turn off several things) I do have quite good signal. There are a few statements that rebooting might help or not... What is the common wisdom. Does Apple give replacement phones? They advertise with 200 hours of standby time, I don't have 10.
Do you mind if we clarify something?
When you say "My iPhone battery is empty after 10 hours" do you mean to say of Usage or Standby?
For example, if you go to Settings > General > Usage an Scroll down to "Time since last full charge" what does it say under 'usage' and 'Standby' when your battery is down to 1%?
Also, when you're at 1%, what had you been using the phone for? 3G web browsing? Music? Combination?
Sure I can give more info. 10 hours refers to standby. I used the phone very little.
It was fully charged overnight, I used it during the day for a 1/2 hour call via Skype (wifi) and checking my e-mail a few times. The phone ran empty around 5 in the afternoon. (it turns itself off, Low battery reports are saved.) I've got the phone on the loader now. According to the phone I had about 4 hours of usage and 10 hours of Standby. Whereby I do not know where the 4 hours come from, real usage is definitely less.
Two days ago I also drained the battery in the late afternoon, using it for about 1 hour of internet browsing in the morning and some email. Yesterday everything seemed fine.
Are you receiving lots of push notifications?
What I find is that because the push notification is turning the screen on (i.e. to display the notification) and using the 3G Internet connectivity (because the phone isn't plugged into a power source, typically the wifi had turned itself off) that this has an affect of using battery.
So I looked up Apple's Battery specifications, and they say 6 Hours of 3G web browsing:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html (Power and Battery section)
A few things to try if you haven't already:
* If you don't use Wifi a lot, turn it off (can always turn it on when you need to)
* If you don't use the blutooth, turn it onff (can always turn it on when you need to)
* Check for email less frequently, and try turning 'Push' off (if you can, or if your mail service provider doesn't support it)
* Do a full Factory Reset/firmware upgrade - This can be done through iTunes.
* Try fully discharing your phone's battery, then charge it back up again three times in a row without ever putting it back on the charge unless you charge it fully; Whilst the Batteries in the iPhone shouldn't have this issue, Apple suggest on theit Battery page to do this everynow and then: http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html (section titled "Use iPhone Regularly")
* Obviusly keep your phone uptodate with iOS software and 3rd party apps
* My understanding of the matter suggests that it's not worth removing apps from the Multitasking/fast app swithching tray.
* Turn off any other things you don't need, such as Background/System Location services, Brightness down to a comfortable level.
* Try turning your phone off then on again (the old "IT Crowd" trick)
Good luck, and let me know how you go.
As a side note, I'm in the middle of doing the 3 discharge/charge cycle, and at this time I'm at 9% Battery remaining with 6H 28M usage, 23H 13M Standby; A combination of 3G web browsing (Web, facebook, twitter) and the rest is background stuff.
Reply something about My Iphone battery empty after 10 hours. iPhone 4S or Post a New Thread