Welcome to Apple iPhone news and Chat discussion forums. iPhone Discussions is dedicated to iPhone,Talk about iPhone modifications,software,reviews,Support, iPhone news , iphone mobile,iPhone OS and more...
I bought an iPhone 4 a few months back from the UK. After bringing it to my home country (Bangladesh), I used it a few days with no problems. But after a few days, it started crashing. Then the frequency of crash got high. And the crashes are very very random. Following are a few ways it crashes.
1. The screen gets distorted and starts fading and goes black.
2. The screen goes black all on a sudden
3. The phone goes to sleep and goes dead
4. While booting (the silver apple icon) it dies.
I am so frustrated with it. It never reboots with the crash (screen blacking out). It happens so often now that the phone is almost unusable. The restart is even more annoying.
1. Sometimes it starts booting just by holding the sleep/standby button for a few seconds.
2. Sometimes it starts booting if I hold the sleep/standby button for long (10/15 secs)
3. Sometimes I need to hold the Sleep/Standby + Home button for long time
4. Sometimes it won't start what ever I do, once I tried the whole day even then it wouldn't start.
I tried to reset the phone from iTunes and downgrade the iOS, I never could. Always 1600 or 2001 error. I could always upgrade. I reset it from within the phone once Config > General > Reset > Reset All even that didnt work. I have accumulated all the crash reports. Is there anyway to pass it to the experts for analysis? I don't know what else to do, it's nearly impossible to go to uk now. Any help please? And also, I just have the box with me, I misplaced all the rest of the papers. If I do manage to get it to uk, can I replace it?
Well, the most basic question is did you have the phone hacked to unlock it or to jailbreak it? If so that is your problem. See: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3743
You cannot downgrade an iPhone. Apple will only allow the latest release to be installed.
You can research the error codes here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694
Itsn't it obvious? No, its not hacked/jailbroken! I bought a factory unlocked one. Is there somewhere I can send the crash reports?
Did you get your problem solved? I guess I`m facing the same thing here
If you figured out how to solve this problem, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Reply something about iPhone 4 Random Crash Black Screen of Death or Post a New Thread