Welcome to Apple iPhone news and Chat discussion forums. iPhone Discussions is dedicated to iPhone,Talk about iPhone modifications,software,reviews,Support, iPhone news , iphone mobile,iPhone OS and more...
I honestly don't recall. I was under the impression this change happened quite a while ago.
Any idea where I can go to find out? Do I need to make an appointment at the Genius Bar?
Why? Well, let's see....
1. The results were unexpected.
2. I appreciate the time you took to answer the question, but I am assuming that you are not an APple Employee.
3. I cannot see the point in requiring an email address to be an AppleID. Many other applications seem to get along just fine without it.
4. They already have my email address. Why can't they just link to the one they already have?
5. Apple claims to be more user friendly. I have a coffee mug from them claiming to be the "Most personal computer". This doesn't fit the bill in my book.
6. Whatever happened to customer support?
Sorry to vent on you, but like I said, I worked in computer support areas for many years and this doesn't follow anything like what I would call customer satisfaction.
Oh yes - almost forgot - what about the impacts of changing my id? What kind of support can they provide in helping to identify what needs to be updated/changed? Can they be of any assistance with this?
You do realize that you are not addressing Apple here? We are users like you. This change came about when the Find My iPhone was updated. The change to an email address was mandated then for that purpose. They (Apple) would be the only ones to know why. Changing your Apple ID to an email will not impact anything else, as it will be changed everywhere an Apple ID is required. It will continue to link to your account, so if you log into the Store on the iPhone it will recognize you, when you go to update apps it will link that so apps can be updated. This is not Apple customer support, it is a user to user technical support forum.
Reply something about Find My iPhone asks for an AppleID doesn t exist or Post a New Thread